Fifteen no recipe meals
The weather is always a little bit unsure this time of year but needless to say, we’ve been blessed with great weather. Summer is quickly approaching. Memorial Day and Independence Day are, dare we say it, right around the corner. We take advantage of those long summer nights and book weekend trips to the beach.
The BBQs come out because grillin’ season and patio dining are almost here. We eat lighter and fresher – less comfort and more conscious. We pay more attention to how much time we’re spending in the kitchen because it means more time away from our family and friends.
If your goal is to spend more time with mom and dad this season, we’ve got 15 no recipe meals that gets you out of the kitchen (or in front of the grill) in no time.
1. Toss chicken cutlets with olive oil, balsamic vinegar; minced garlic and basil. Broil or grill and serve with steamed new potatoes.
2. Marinate tuna steaks in apple juice, ginger and sesame oil; broil or grill.
3. Saute chicken or turkey sausage with olive oil, red pepper strips, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes; toss with white beans.
4. Dip tilapia in plain yogurt, then in whole grain bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; bake.
5. Simmer homemade or jarred spicy tomato sauce; add eggs, cover, and poach. Serve with corn tortillas and diced avocado.
6. Marinate London broil in light vinaigrette; grill with cut-up potatoes and asparagus.
7. Saute lean ham, onions and broccoli; toss with pasta.
8. Top pizza dough with sauteed sliced mushrooms, onion, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese, and bake.
9. Heat black beans with chili powder and lime juice; serve over romaine lettuce, dices tomatoes, and shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Top with a dollop of plain yogurt.
10. Combine apricot jam and whole grain mustard. Brush on pork tenderloin. Roast with cubed butternut squash.
11. Brush boneless chicken breast with jarred pesto. Top with sliced plum tomatoes, shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, and bake.
12. Slice a tube of polenta; top with sauteed mushrooms, tomato sauce and part-skim ricotta cheese. Bake.
13. Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper and rosemary. Roast; serve on a bed of whole wheat couscous mixed with chopped carrot.
14. Toss cooked cheese ravioli with arugula, olive oil and chopped walnuts. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
15. Saute scallops with minced garlic and olive oil. Toss with whole wheat pasta, basil, chopped tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon.
Do you have a no recipe family favorite that you’d love to share with us? Tell us all about it on the Facebook post, we’d love to hear!