Brandywine Living announced the winners of their annual National Assisted Living Week competition during Brandywine Live, a community-wide telecast awards ceremony, held on January 14, 2019. The awards ceremony also honored the Brandywine Living 2018 BrandyStars.
Established by the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) in 1995, National Assisted Living Week® provides unique opportunities for the community to recognize the role of assisted living communities in America.
During this national week, twenty-nine Brandywine Living communities host a weeklong celebration that honors residents, team members, and the community. Key members of the Brandywine Living corporate office visit each community and judge individual programs to determine the top ranking programs and activities. Elements such as creativity, engagement, culinary, décor and community involvement are reviewed and rated.
This year’s competition winners are as follows:
Overall program winners
- First Place: Brandywine Living at Haddonfield
- Second Place: Brandywine Living at Litchfield
- Third Place: Brandywine Living at The Savoy
Capture the Moment Video Contest
- First Place: Brandywine Living at Livingston – “Ocean’s 8”
- Second Place: Brandywine Living at Princeton – “Champions”
- Third Place: Mahwah – “Friends Capture the Moment”
- Best Culinary Experience: Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace – “Be Our Guest”
- Best Community Event: Brandywine Living at Princeton – “Tricky Tray for St. Peter’s University Hospital – Child Life Program”
- Best Creative Individual Program: Brandywine Living at Dresher Estates – “Capturing Adventure”
- Best Grandparents Day: Brandywine Living at Longwood – “Italian Family Festival”
- Best Reflections Involvement: Brandywine Living at Governor’s Crossing – “Reflections Poetry Reading”
- Best Resident Involvement: Brandywine Living at Mountain Ridge – “Honey Bees Show”
- Best Team Spirit: Brandywine Living at Pennington – “No Place Like Home”
About Brandywine Living
Brandywine Living is a market leader in luxury senior living, including assisted living, memory care and independent living. Founded in 1996, the addition of the Potomac location expands the Brandywine portfolio to 30 communities in seven states (PA, NJ, NY, CT, DE, VA & MD) with the capacity to serve over 3,000 residents.