October, 3, 2019/ Alexandria Living — The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce awarded its 2019 Business Leader of the Year award Wednesday night to Stephanie Landrum, president and CEO of the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership.
Landrum celebrated the honor with colleagues, friends and family members including her parents, who were on hand and paused for a photo with their daughter (below). Landrum grew up in the Mount Vernon area.
The 26th annual event was presented by Burke & Herbert Bank; a reception after the awards presentation featured dishes from 20 Alexandria restaurants and was held at The Westin Alexandria Old Town in the city’s Carlyle District.
Landrum, who was instrumental working as part of a team to bring Amazon’s second headquarters to the area, was lauded by colleagues before taking the microphone.
“I want to say this was a really great walk down memory lane,” Landrum said to the packed ballroom. “It really has been a fulfilling 14 years, and the last two have been especially fantastic. I’m committed to working here in Alexandria. This is my hometown. It’s amazing to have my parents here.”
Other winners Wednesday night were:
- Overall Business of the Year: The Goodhart Group (owners: Sue Goodhart, Marty Goodhart and Allison Goodhart Deshuttle)
- Large Business of the Year: Brandywine Living at Alexandria (executive director: Ray Dennison)
- Medium Business of the Year: Daniel O’Connell’s Irish Bar & Restaurant (owner: John Brennan)
- Small Business of the Year: Tartan Properties Commercial (owner: Mike Porterfield)
- Non-Profit / Association Business of the Year: Del Ray Business Association (president: Sue Kovalsky)
- Rising Star: Threadleaf (owner: Nicole McGrew)
In addition to Burke & Herbert Bank, other sponsors included JBG Smith, Rubenstein Partners, Amazon, Cotton & Company, Halt Buzas & Powell, Ltd., Howard Hughes, Jen Walker Team, Virginia Tech, American Physical Therapy Association, B3 Solutions, BB&T, The Price Taylor Group, Easterns Automotive, RRBMDK, LLP.
Restaurants offering small bites from their menus at Wednesday evening’s reception were: Bastille, Buzz, Chadwicks, Chart House, Columbia Firehouse, Daniel O’Connells, Evening Star, Hard Times Cafe, La Tasca, Meggrolls, Paradiso, Sweet Fire Donna’s, Tempo, Tequila & Taco, The Sushi Bar, Theismann’s, Toastique, Vermillon, Trademark and Whiskey & Oyster.
Read the original article at Alexandria Living